Sick of game journalism as you know it? So are we! We at KaboomShark are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated writers to join our ranks to bring up to date video game news, interesting features, and telling reviews to the world.
Work with us to express our love of the game industry in a laidback environment. Our team is organized, skilled, and ready to go.
This position is Volunteer. We promise a fun atmosphere, occassional review copies for those who contribute, and perhaps even access to events when applicable (travel expenses not included).
Those who join in with us will be able to take part in a brand new event that is being announced in early August and is directly correlated with our website. It is the best time to join us during this pivotal moment of our development. More details will be explained later on.
The position’s main focus is on keeping updated with posting news. Reviews and features are also very important parts of the process, but making sure news is up to date every day is important. We really are looking for a person who can keep active and in touch with us.
The position is currently volunteer, but it is very likely that that could change soon.
- A grasp of the English language.
- Age 18 or over.
- One to two news items posted per day at minimum. News can be assigned or otherwise. This should take no more than 15-20 minutes. Any news above and beyond is encouraged.
- Features and Opinion pieces are highly encouraged, and we would love to see each writer do at least one a week.
- Occassional “News Hybrid” articles in which we take a news post and expand it into a short opinion piece, around 3-5 paragraphs.
- Reviews are assigned. Review copies are given to those who contribute. They need to be completed in a timely manner.
- The ability to remain organized using Google Docs.
- Ability to use Skype to text chat.
Other things (Not required but wouldn’t hurt):
- The ability to Stream via Twitch.
- Knowledge of streaming
- Knowledge of Podcasting.
- Ability to edit video/Let’s Plays
If you are interested in joining our team, please email jthomas [at] Kaboomshark.com or rtaylor [at] Kaboomshark.com with the following information:
- Any previous experience in this industry?
- Available platforms. ( PC? If so, what PC specs?)
- If applicable, please include one example of your ability to write. It doesn’t have to be gaming related, but that would be preferred.
- Why you would like to join our team and think you could benefit us.