While we won’t be getting a new free piece of DLC this year for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, CDProjektRed has something even nicer in store for us lost inside of the world of The Witcher. Patch 1.07 is coming, and it is full of all of the most requested updates for the action RPG. While the entire patch note list has not been released, the following has been from the official website:
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be “pinned”, meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
Most complaints about the game surround some clunky inventory set ups, such as important potions and the myriad of collected books taking up the same the same slot, and fix them with new customization options. Stashes are a new part too, so players can save unused equipment that is too heavy to hold onto, but still valuable enough not to sell.
Lastly, sometimes ridiculous movement glitches for both Geralt and his trusty horse Roach are being addressed with the patch. These tweaks all come together to make a game we love even better. The patches are confirmed to release later this week, with the free DLC continuing next week.