Telltale certainly has their handsful, and in the midst of their several successful (and damn good) series, they have the ability to drop new info on a personal favorite, Tales from the Borderlands, their episodic series based in the Borderlands universe. Included are important story details, as well as some stylish screenshots that show that the game will be filled with that Borderlands flair that we all love.
Coming out later this Summer, Tales from the Borderlands takes place after the events of Borderlands 2 and stars two unique new characters: Rhys (a low level data-miner with his own dark intentions) and Fiona (a clever con artist). The game will reflect the style of previous and future Telltale games, with a focus on dialogue and storytelling, inter spliced with unique action scenes. The cast will come across previous Borderlands characters, such as 2‘s Zer0. All previous Borderlands events are confirmed to be canon.
Playstation Blog also announced a few additional, and pretty awesome, points about the upcoming series:
- The loot you grab in Tales will be available to use in other areas of the Borderlands franchise
- It’s an episodic series that’ll be $4.99 per episode (or you can save with the Season Pass)
- Your choices matter and will help create YOUR version of the story across the season
- The series takes place after the events of Borderlands 2. Handsome Jack is gone. Or is he? You might have seen the trailer we put out a while back
- You’re going to play two different viewpoints. Rhys works for Hyperion; he’s a company man with grand ambitions that have been thrown off the rails. Fiona is a fast-talking con artist, with very few people left on Pandora she hasn’t swindled one way or another
- They both have a very different opinion of the events that brought them together, and the only way to find out something near to the truth is to live their lives and make your own decisions
Check out the great screenshots below, showing off that sexy Borderlands art style:
Also, in case you missed it, here is the announcement trailer for Tales of the Borderlands: