- How much more fun it is than actual fishing
I’ve never been much of an outdoors-man, but when my cute friend, Kristen, asked me if I wanted to spend the weekend fishing at her grandparents cottage on the lake, there was no way I was going to pass up the opportunity. Having never gone fishing, I decided it would be a good idea to brush up on the basics so I wouldn’t look like a moron and maybe score myself some points with a lovely lady.
I didn’t feel like watching a fishing video because I needed something that was strictly for beginners and while books are always a good way to learn, ain’t nobody got time for that.
No, what I needed was something that would allow me to learn the basics of fishing in a quick and satisfying way. I wanted to learn both the fundamentals and the rules of the sport. I decided that a fishing game would be just the thing.
I pulled out my trusty iPhone 4S, opened up the App Store and spied a title called Ridiculous Fishing by Vlambeer. It looked like it had just been released so I decided to download that one as to ensure I got the most up to date information. At $2.99, it was a bit more expensive than most games, but this made me all the more confident it would provide me with the education I needed on the sport I knew so little about.
Here is what I learned playing Ridiculous Fishing:
- To begin, cast your hook and line into the water. As the line sinks to the bottom, avoid as many fish as possible by tilting left and right. Try your hardest to reach the bottom of the lake.
- Once you reach the bottom or snag a fish, reel in the line as quickly as possible. As you’re ascending, try to hook as many fish as you can. There is no limit to the size nor quantity of fish you can seize on your hook as you head toward the surface.
- Once you reach the surface, launch the fish as high into the air as you can, pull out your pistol and shoot them so that they explode into money. Don’t shoot jellyfish, because that subtracts money from your total.
- Use the money to buy newer and better fishing gear such as; longer lines; stronger weapons (including bazookas and orbital strike lasers); toaster and hair dryers to shock the fish who try and grab onto your line too early; drills to submerge deeper and faster; and of course, new hats.
- Make sure to visit multiple fishing locations to catch a wide variety of species.
I’m still not really certain why they called the game Ridiculous Fishing – the sport itself seems to be incredibly enjoyable and certainly is no where near as quiet and relaxing as I’ve been led to believe. In all honesty, I assume the term Ridiculous was added to describe how ridiculously fun fishing actually is. This may be one of the most enjoyable ios experiences I’ve had in a long time.
Regardless of whether you have a little or a lot of time to play, Ridiculous Fishing will serve up a proper satisfying dose of what may actually be the most violent sport in existence (sorry, dog fighting).
I just can’t wait to get Kristen alone on that boat to show her just how knowledgeable of a fisherman I actually am.
Thanks, Ridiculous Fishing. *cocks gun*